How does it work?
The project "After l'UNESCO, act!" aims at encouraging people of the UNESCO World Heritage site to stand up for their own territory. A great game will allow citizens, Municipalities, schools, commercial activities, recreational clubs, etc. to implement large or small projects aimed at offering tangible improvements for all.
The different entities will be organized into teams according to the Municipality in which they are located and the actions that will be taken will earn them points, both for each one of them and for the team. Should the project be voted online by other users, some extra points will be awarded. The Municipalities with the most points at the end of the game will win the final prize. Are you ready to climb the ranks of Municipalities?
Who can participate
Municipalities, companies or commercial activities, nonprofit associations (e.g.: local Tourist Boards), schools and citizens who have citizenship or carry out their businessin one of the Municipalities located in the Langhe, Roero and Monferrato mentioned in the Regulations may participate.
Non-resident citizens who have a second home in the above territory are very welcome to join in.
Area for action
In order to be accepted, the projects must fall within one of these 5 areas:
• Restoration and enhancement (both architectural and urban furnishings, e.g.: restoring an ancient door, implementing coordinated signs for shops consistently with the place). Examples previous editions
• Environmental cleaning (visual, luminous and acoustic depollution, e.g.: removing trash and scrub, restoring the view on scenic viewpoints or prestigious buildings, adopt methods to reduce the noise). Examples previous editions
• Hospitality (for instance, a seat for the benefit of hikers, to rest for a few minutes, a drinking fountain for public use). Examples previous editions
• Green thumb (green area care in all its forms, e.g., maintenance of the school vegetable garden, planting hedges to mitigate the visual impact of some buildings on the landscape). Examples previous editions
• Arts (enhancement of art in all its forms, e.g.: open/allocate public and private spaces to artistic events). Examples previous editions
Points and badges
You can obtain points in several ways:
1. Points awarded due to real actions implemented on the territory and voted online.
You get points if:
• a project is published
• the project obtains preferences on the website
• every month experts will single out projects deserving of additional points.
2. Points awarded due to virtual actions implemented on the web and on social networks. Users participating as "citizens" can obtain additional points by making virtual actions.
You get points:
• Using the tools on the website to invite friends residing in the territory to join the game. In this case you get points for every friend who will sign up on the website
• Sharing the Manifesto "After l'UNESCO, act!" from the website www.ioagisco.it on your Facebook profile.
3. Points awarded due to Fans
Users who live outside of the competing Municipalities may participate in the game by registering with the profile "Fan" and voting on the projects. Fans can assign their preference for one or more projects (once for each). For each preference a point will be awarded.
In addition to the points, virtual badges will be assigned which can be viewed on the website on the page of your profile.
The points earned by the categories Schools, Citizens, Companies will be allocated both to those who implemented the project/action and to the relevant Municipality team.
In order to avoid favouring the Municipalities with more residents, points will be awarded to the Municipality team after alignment, according to a proportion calculated on the number of citizens residing in the Municipality.
The points will be awarded after the project is approved by the editorial staff of Io Agisco.
For more information about points, please read the Regulation.
How to sign up
Different modes of registration apply according to the relevant user category:
- Citizen and Company
On self-nomination by creating your own profile on the website www.ioagisco.it Registration takes place automatically once you have created your profile here.
Citizens and companies/commercial activities/associations which have already signed up during the previous edition must use their existing profile.
On the initiative of the school director or his/her delegate, which will be able to activate the school profile on the website www.ioagisco.it. Registration takes place automatically once the school profile is created here. here.
The relevant profile will be preliminarily created, and username and password will be sent to the Mayors and the Municipal administrations for activation.
Registration takes place automatically once the profile is activated. The Municipalities that have already signed up during the previous edition must use their existing Municipality profile.
For more information on how to sign up, please read the Regulation.
The rankings will be drawn up taking account of all the points earned, and specifically:
• points earned from virtual actions carried out by the citizens
• points earned for having published projects
• points awarded due to the preferences obtained on the website
• points assigned by the experts appointed by the Piedmont Region.
The rankings will be updated after the approval of the projects.
The profiles with zero points will not appear in the ranking.
The Piedmont Region will appoint an expert for each of the 5 areas of action, that may assign additional points to the most worthy projects on a monthly basis.
The award ceremony
At the end of the initiative, the first three teams from the UNESCO Municipalities and the first three teams from the non-UNESCO Municipalities in the ranking will receive a plaque. Each participant of the first ranked team will receive a virtual certificate by e-mail.
The Piedmont Region reserves the right to provide further plates (for example for projects with multiple points for each area of action) to be displayed in the territory near the project implemented.
The award ceremony will be public and the exact venue and time will be advised by a separate communication.
For additional information on the Award ceremony, please read the Regulation.